Fundamentals of Radiography and Ultrasound
12 Jun 2024 09:00 - 16:45
Rainbow Equine Hospital,
We're just putting the finishing touches to this course, to be the first to find out when more information is available, please complete our register interest form.
Online & practical
7+ CPD hours
About the course
This is a basic course on first level diagnostic imaging. Radiographic techniques and interpretation of more commonly examined areas (foot fetlock, carpus, hock, stifle) will be covered. For new and recent graduates off to equine practice it is vital to set off with good standardised techniques and protocols in order to obtain state of the art diagnostic quality images. Older graduates will benefit from a refresher to correct common errors and address areas of particular concern.
Ultrasonographic techniques and interpretation of the palmar/plantar soft tissues of the metacarpal/metatarsal fetlock and pastern regions will be covered, in order to confidently assess these areas and to set basic knowledge for future development in less common and more challenging anatomical regions.
What will I learn?
By the end of the course you will...
1. Understand how to get the most out of your equipment, avoid common mistakes and trouble-shoot in the field
2. Understand how to acquire routine radiographs of the distal limbs, knees, hocks and stifles
3. Understand how to acquire routine radiographs of the DDFT, SDFT, ALDDFT, and SL
4. Be able to interpret normal and abnormal findings on radiographs and ultrasound of the above areas, including identification of artefacts
5. Be able to confidently recognise when advanced diagnostic imaging modalities are indicated and when to refer
Excellent run through of essential skills for first opinion and hospital work. A perfect balance of basic knowledge and some more advance information.
- previous Fundamentals of Radiography and Ultrasound delegate
Jonathon Dixon BVetMed MVetMed DipECVDI MRCVS
Rachel Agass BSC BVetMed (Hons)
Jonathan Anderson BVM&S DIPACVS MRCVS
Bruce Bladon BVM&S CertEP DESTS DipECVS FRCVS (online only)
Sarah Boys Smith MA VetMB CertES(Orth) DipECVS Dip ACVSMR MRCVS?(online only)
Ben Gaskell BVSc MRCVS
Andrea Giavitto DVM MSc DipECVDI MRCVS (online only)
Lucy Grieve MA VetMB MRCVS? (online only)
Rhiannon Morgan BSc BVSc CertAVP PhD MRCVS (online only)
Vanessa Peter MedVet DipECVDI MRCVS
Giorgio Ricardi DVM CertISELP MRCVS (online only)
Ceri Sherlock BVetMed (Hons) MS MVetMed DipACVS-LA DipECVDI-LA DECVS MRCVS (online only)
Vet member: £330
Non member: £660
Terms and conditions
- If you book a place on a BEVA CPD course and are unable to attend due to any Covid-19 related issue you will receive a credit for the amount you paid. This credit can be used for any BEVA CPD and will be valid for a year from the date of issue. Please contact us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend a course.
- If BEVA are required to cancel or postpone a course for any reason, you can opt to receive a full refund or receive a credit for a future BEVA CPD course (valid for a year from the date of issue).
- A full refund will be made, less a 10% administration charge, if cancellation is more than 6 weeks before the start of the course
- A refund cannot be guaranteed if cancellation is less than 6 weeks before the start of the course. A refund will be made if BEVA can resell the place, less a 20% administration charge.
- Booked places can be transferred to another person free of charge. If the transferee is not a BEVA member they will be liable for the difference between the member and non-member rate.
- All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- BEVA may pass contact details of delegates to the organisers or sponsors of the course unless the delegate has specified otherwise.
- All delegates self-certify that they are a qualified veterinary surgeon or veterinary nurse and qualified to undertake the procedures being taught. Where the delegate is in training for such a qualification BEVA must be made aware of their training status at the time of booking.
By registering for this event, you accept the above terms and conditions.