FULLY BOOKED: Fundamentals of Dentistry
24 Jan 2024 09:00 - 15:30
This course is now fully booked. To be added to the waiting list and contacted if a space becomes available please complete our short form below.
Add to Waiting List
There are still spaces available for this course on 23/11/2024. Click here to book.
Online and Practical
7+ CPD hours
About the course
Our Fundamentals of Dentistry course combines online learning and a practical day to build your confidence in all aspects of equine dentistry. Join us for this course so that you’re ready to go to your next dentistry call out with confidence!
Before attending the practical day you will have access to 12 online lectures that cover all of the equine dentistry theory you need to know about. Your online lectures are delivered by leading names in the field including Neil Townsend, Victoria Nichols, Rob Pascoe and Tim Barnett.
Our online lectures will prepare you for your practical day at Fairmoor Equine Clinic. You will spend the day perfecting your dentistry techniques. Practical sessions will explore common equine dentistry procedures including floating and the case-based discussions will focus on oral examinations and common dental issues including caries, diastemata and fractures.
Our practical days focus on small group teaching to ensure you can benefit from the expert speakers as well as getting plenty of opportunity to get hands-on, practising your skills. This course will be led by top names including Lesley Barwise-Munro, Karl Holliman and Richard Reardon.
This course is part of our Fundamentals of Equine Practice series. By working with leading equine practices we’ve developed 10 practical courses that provide the essential skills necessary to thrive in equine practice.
Download the course programme here.
You can also attend this course on 23/11/2024. Click here to book.
What will I learn?
By the end of the course you will...
1. Develop your confidence in routine dentistry.
2. Gain hands-on experience in using dental equipment properly.
3. Build confidence in your ability to manage routine floating, overgrowths, identify caries and approach diastemata.
4. Confidently perform a thorough dental exam.
5. Confidently advise on wolf tooth removal and know how to perform it.
"This course has increased my confidence in treating caries and diastema."
- previous Fundamentals of Dentistry attendee
Course Organiser: Lesley Barwise-Munro BSc BVM&S CertEP (Equine Practice) MRCVS
Tim Barnett BVM&S MSc BSc DipECVS CertAVP DipEVDC MRCVS (online only)
Nicky Brooks VetMB CertAVP(EP) CertAVP(ED) MRCVS (online only)
Nicola Coubrough-Coundley BVetMed CertAVP(ED) PGCertVPS MRCVS
Karl Holliman BVM&S CertEP MRCVS
Rob Pascoe BVSc DipAVDC MRCVS (online only)
Richard Reardon BVetMed DipECVS CertES(Orth) PhD MRCVS
Amy Reynolds BVetMed MRCVS (online only)
Neil Townsend BVSc BSc CertES(Soft Tissue) MSc DipECVS DipEVDC DipEVDC FRCVS (online only)
Vet member: £330
Non member: £660
Terms and conditions
- If you book a place on a BEVA CPD course and are unable to attend due to any Covid-19 related issue you will receive a credit for the amount you paid. This credit can be used for any BEVA CPD and will be valid for a year from the date of issue. Please contact us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend a course.
- If BEVA are required to cancel or postpone a course for any reason, you can opt to receive a full refund or receive a credit for a future BEVA CPD course (valid for a year from the date of issue).
- A full refund will be made, less a 10% administration charge, if cancellation is more than 6 weeks before the start of the course
- A refund cannot be guaranteed if cancellation is less than 6 weeks before the start of the course. A refund will be made if BEVA can resell the place, less a 20% administration charge.
- Booked places can be transferred to another person free of charge. If the transferee is not a BEVA member they will be liable for the difference between the member and non-member rate.
- All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- BEVA may pass contact details of delegates to the organisers or sponsors of the course unless the delegate has specified otherwise.
- All delegates self-certify that they are a qualified veterinary surgeon or veterinary nurse and qualified to undertake the procedures being taught. Where the delegate is in training for such a qualification BEVA must be made aware of their training status at the time of booking.
By registering for this event, you accept the above terms and conditions.